The Sisters thought this was going to be a gloriously easy week, what with a holiday smack dab in the middle of it – but, as it turns out, not so much. You know why? Because a Wednesday off turns into a Thursday that masquerades quite like a Monday, that’s why. However, there was some salvation today, since it’s Friday, even though it feels like Tuesday but tomorrow is really Saturday…okay, enough of that – here’s why we laughed or rose above our ennui this week:
1. My Dog Ate My Homework.A college girl confessed that she lied to police about being abducted by three men for twenty four hours. That certainly would not be funny if it were true – but it wasn’t. What is funny about the story is why she did it
It seems “Miss Liar Liar Pants On Fire” had an end-of-the-year university project due that she failed to hand in. She didn’t tell the lie to gain sympathy from her professors but because she “didn’t want to upset her mother” with news of her school problems. All we can say about that is we hope Sassy and the girl who lives at Ava’s house have the same care and concern for us when they become college students by not wanting us to be upset over such academic failings by our offspring. We don’t want the
police involved, mind you, these are our girls and we expect something far more creative than an easily disproved kidnapping tale.
2. Dreadful.We know it’s a little crazy but we can’t seem to stop ourselves from having favorite words. One of them is dreadful, which is dreadful, isn’t it? We like to say it, we like to use it. Dreadful. We mention it because we over heard a lady use it this week – she said it about nine times in one minute but we couldn’t really hear her conversation so we have no idea what was soooooo very dreadful. But we’ll bet it was, well, dreadful.
3. The Big Bang. Poor San Diego. Sometimes, when a man is involved or a computer or both, the best laid plans go astray and that’s exactly what happened on Wednesday night in San Diego for their firework show. The twenty minutes of awe invoking fireworks turned into about twenty seconds of a re-enactment of the beginning of the world. We know all of the San Diegans were upset but the photo of the debacle is amazing – it truly looks like a new planet being born, see what you think.
4. New Orleans comes to the desert. We live in the desert and it’s hot here. Like 106 degrees of hot. We serve frozen drinks from about March to October because, did I mention? – It’s really hot here. One thing we’ve always wanted is frozen slushee wine. Why doesn’t someone invent that already? The Sisters love wine! Well, praise all the gods ever created! Amylynn discovered wine slurpys right in the local grocery store and for only a miniscule $1.19!!! You simply put them in your freezer, throw on your swim burkha call your sisters over and sit next to the pool! Ahhhhh, paradise.
5. One man’s goat is another man’s panda. We know that some of you go to the
airport to board planes and travel. The sisters use the airport for that as well but we also like to be entertained while we’re there since you have to get there sixteen days in advance of your flight for security purposes. We are here to tell you that San Francisco has that covered. They have rounded up a herd of about 250 to 300 goats to eat up their dry and excess grass, there’s even a goat herder. Sadly, they’ll only be there for a few weeks as part of an annual organic weed abatement program. Dear Desert International Airport, please call the San Francisco airport people about their organic weed abatement program for instructions on how to take care of that nasty bamboo weed problem we have down here. Sincerely, the Quill Sisters AKA bear herders