Our First 5 Things…
The Quill Sisters are excited to present a couple new additions to our website! Welcome to “5 Things that Kept Us from Slitting Our Wrists This Week” that, although self-explanatory, really are some things that happened to us through the week that improved our outlook, despite the soul-sucking job and the delay on our purchase of Greece. We hope you enjoy!
1. I finished the first draft of my 2nd book. Afterwards, for the next two days I wandered around with no idea what to do with myself. I didn’t have any plot points to resolve or conversations to mull over. It was a completly bizarre feeling and I honestly didn’t like it. I can’t wait to get the revisions done so I can send it to MY AGENT and put it to bed. I have so many ideas for my next project.
2. Ava and I had an epiphany. Creme Puffs and Eclairs are essentially the same thing in a different shape. That may quite frankly be the 1st commandment of our blossoming religion.
3. I had to send a Dooney & Bourke purse back to them because the leather was peeling off the bottom. I was remarkably depressed about it because I really loved the purse – gorgeous red patent leather. I was complimented constantly on it. The lovely people and D&B gave me a nice credit and I was permitted to go shopping on their site. My new purse will appear on my doorstep sometime next week. I don’t know what I expected but I had a lovely experience with the company and the Sisters whole heartedly endorse them.
4. Fried Food It was a bad week and the only thing that was going to make it better was a giant mess of fried food. I introduced Ava to Sour Cream and Onion French Fries. Being a non-onion eater, she was certain she wouldn’t like them but once I convinced her to give them a try she became a convert. We also ordered fried zucchini, fried mushrooms and steak fingers. That’s the combination for a winning Thursday, I’ll tell you.
5. Elvis Presley and Graceland This Weekend Ava and her entire family head off to Memphis for a visit to the King’s house. She even tracked down shirts for all the girls that read “I (heart) ELVIS” in rhinestones. How perfect is that? Both Kelli and I wish we were going. Ava is instructed to bring us back something appropriately kitchy. I’m hoping for a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich wrapped in tin foil.
Leave a Reply